Monday, December 5, 2016

Live! From Agile Testing Days 2016 - STWC - Day 0

December 5, 2016 dawned cold, a little foggy after very heavy fog day night before, and with a beautiful hoarfrost coating the trees. I had a very long travel day yesterday which resulted in me showing up nearly 2 hours late to the conference center and hotel, and quite tired. The result was I unpacked, took a shower, dropped off the materials I was asked to bring for the conference, had a glass of beer and went to bed... and overslept. BUT! I was down by shortly after 9:00 and had a nice breakfast with George Dinwiddie, with a lovely conversation related to some blogging that will happen on Tuesday.

After enough coffee to revive a corpse, I scurried over to where the Software Testing World Cup 2016 Finals was to take place this afternoon. I met with a load of people and interviewed some of the teams, judges and other participants for a video that is being prepared for this year's test contest. At lunch, I checked in with the conference organizers - and was given a present as a thank you! A pair of Vic Firth drumsticks with my name and the name of my blog on them! AWESOME! Thanks so much!
.
In the afternoon, the Testing World Cup launched into full blown progress, testing a beta version of a product currently in production in Germany. It looked to be an awesome app (frankly, I wonder when a version with similar functionality will be available in the US.) We checked in with each team a couple of times during the contest, chatted briefly on video and observed their approach to testing a piece of software none of them had seen before.

I also took a bunch of pictures and tweeted a lot! Here.

During all of this, my "partner in crime" was Claudia Badell (tweets at @claubs_uy). I met her at Agile Testing Days in 2014. The several hours we worked together convinced me she is a really solid tester, a very good thinker and a remarkably thoughtful and kind person.

After the end of the contest, we did some wrap-up interviews and conversations.We also grabbed a beverage (or two) chatted and relaxed. On leaving the contest room I ran into many more people - speakers getting ready to head out to the Speaker's Dinner. After handshakes & huhgs all around, I went up to my room to freshen up a bit, relax o moment, check email (work and personal.)

I then headed downstairs to grab a bite of supper, pick up the blog post I was too busy to work on beyond 2 sentences today, grab a quick beer and... head off to review test reports from today's testing contest.

Yeah. There were loads of other things happening. I'll get to them later. Now, I have papers to read and review.

===

Bug reports have been read and critiqued. Testing  reports have been read an critiqued. This was a challenging task, but, we have a winner in a very, very close contest.

More tomorrow.

It's late.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment